Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A few projects

Hi. I thought I'd share a couple of projects I've completed lately. First up, an altered notebook . I painted the edges black and used the My Minds Eye Lost & Found papers. At first I was tempted to use the glitter papers, but I decided to go with the damask instead. I'm glad I did. I love the way it turned out. I wanted to keep it somewhat flat so that I can fold the notebook over without it being too bulky. I added a Prima Say it in Crytals black swirl and some Essentials flowers from my stash. The velvet letters are from Making Memories -I've been hoarding them for some time now. Hehe. The butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch used on some SEI iron-on leftover. Yep, that's right. Don't throw out the outline.



Next up, couple of tags.
The one on the left is a shipping tag. I used 2 Tim Holtz masks and inked the tag with Broken China distress ink. The stamps are Tim Holtz as well. I added some flowers that I colored and a velvet butterfly. The other tag was cut from acrylic using an accucut die. I stamped a clear circle and a couple Prima flowers with a script stamp. The word "Dream" is a Making Memories rub on from "way back" and the black trim is from Hobby Lobby. I made the charm and hung it from a black safety pin. I like it, but my hubby says it's a little "goth". I'm okay with that. Ha.

Well, that's all for now. Until next time...

No comments: